The PSC comprises three compulsory modules, each with fast track options throughout the year and five Elective routes offering a
wide range of subjects to choose from– all of which can be booked individually. This means you can match your Electives to fit with
your areas of interest or career direction. You must study all three core modules and 24 hours of Electives.
As of 2018, BPP now offers the PSC Core* & ALL 24 hours of Electives via our Online Classroom Live, this gives trainees the ability to flexibly complete the PSC from home or the office. BPP are the first and only PSC provider in the UK that offers both the PSC Core & Electives online.
* Excludes Advocacy & Communication skills and the Financial & Business skills exam which must be completed in the classroom.
PSC compulsory core modules
- Client Care and Professional Standards (two days)
- Financial and Business Skills course and exam (three days) – including a non-examinable online module which must be completed within 6 months of attending the course
- Advocacy and Communication Skills (three days)
PSC elective module courses
You must complete 24 hours of elective modules – we run a wide range of courses on all the subjects below.
You do not need to study topics in the same legal area, but can study across four different areas of law if you wish.
- Company Commercial
- Dispute Resolution
- Employment and Immigration
- Intellectual Property
- Leadership and Personal Development
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence
- Private Client
- Property and Taxation
Our PSC has been designed against the SRA specification and the CBI Employability Skills framework so you can monitor the development of your professional skills through your study with us. We also provide you with a Skills Portfolio which you can complete to demonstrate your achievements to employers.