Cost for BPP PD Members: £120 + VAT 3 CPD Hours
(£240.00 + VAT for non BPP PD Members Click Here for details of our membership scheme).
This course will be of benefit to practitioners working in city firms, in-house and private practice with clients who require immigration advice. It will also be of interest to employment law practitioners who are interested in the legal right to work provisions and employers compliance with sponsorship obligations.
This course provides an overview of the laws and procedures as they apply to the admission of overseas nationals to the United Kingdom for the purposes of employment or business. It will give an insight into the development of UK immigration law and practice. It will provide an overview of all of the main routes of entry to the UK for non EEA nationals seeking to work, invest or engage in business.
Learning outcomes include obtaining a greater understanding of:
- Statutory framework
- The mechanisms of immigration control
- Business visitors
- The Points Based System
- Tier 1 Exceptional talent, Investors and Entrepreneurs
- Sponsorship under Tier 2 General and Intra-Company Transfer
- Applying for a sponsor licence
- Illegal working and employers obligations
- Monitoring and reporting obligations for employers
- Issuing certificates of sponsorship
- Resident labour market testing
- Temporary workers and youth mobility
"A certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon request, following attendance."
Under the SRA’s new approach to continuing competence, solicitors are expected to use the Statement of Solicitor Competence to identify and address their learning and development needs. The competence statement requires the following competencies:
A - Ethics, professionalism and judgement
B - Technical legal practice
C - Working with other people
D - Managing themselves and their own work
||11 Oct 2018
||2:00 PM - 5:15 PM